DIGITAL FILE PREPARATION
Save time - make sure the file is production-ready before submitting!
Basic information for file preparation is included below. Failure to follow guidelines could result in production delays and art charges. If you have any other questions or specific request, please contact your Sales Representative.
Click here for a pdf of these specifications.
ACCEPTABLE PROGRAMS AND FILE FORMATS
The following programs are utilized. Please save files in native format whenever possible and include any linked files (DO NOT EMBED IMAGES), fonts, etc.
• Adobe Illustrator CS5: AI, EPS, PDF
• Adobe InDesign CS5: INDD, EPS
• Adobe Photoshop CS3: PSD, TIFF, JPG
• Macromedia Freehand MX: FH, EPS
WE CANNOT ACCEPT THE FOLLOWING
• Adobe Pagemaker
• Files containing embedded images
• Any file directly downloaded from the internet
• Any Microsoft Office product
• Any file with an unlicensed font
• Any file with an unlicensed logo or image
• Preferred format: AI, EPS, PDF (Illustrator or Freehand in native format)
• DO NOT EMBED IMAGES
• Convert text to outlines to avoid font issues
• Include fonts if they are not converted to outlines
• Include linked files
• Preferred format: TIFF, JPG, PNG
• 100dpi @ 100% or a proportional size to final output: (10' x 10' banner = 10' x 10' image
@ 100dpi OR 5' x 5' image @ 200dpi OR 2.5' x 2.5' image @ 400dpi, etc)
Color resolution varies dramatically between computer monitors.
• PMS or CMYK values must be specified.
• Include hard copy sample of color.
• Unspecified color values will be matched at Consort's discretion.
• Request a digital hard copy proof if precise color matching is required. The first proof is
complimentary; additional proofs are just $25. Overnight shipping is available at cost.
• Design must be proportionate to finished banner size.
• The imprint area on stock designs is limited by the design.
• Consider hemlines in the design and text placement!
• Full bleed are permitted.
• Banners mounted to indoor frames require 1/2" additions to the width on either side of
the design. For example, 30" x 94" banners finish at 31" wide. Consort will accommodate
this adjustment if the original file is submitted.
• CD - Include printed copy and/or color samples.
• Click here for FTP site instructions.
The first 4 hours of artistic adjustments are complimentary!
ADDITIONAL CHARGES ARE INCURRED WHEN:
• Color or design corrections exceed 4 hours creative time ($50/hour fee applies)
• More than one digital hard copy proof is requested ($25/proof plus shipping applies)
• Consort is requested to conceptualize and create from scratch ($50/hour fee applies)